You know. . . with the typewriters and stuff. It's a metaphor. . . . or maybe an analogy. . . or is it allegory? Regardless, you can be certain there's a whole host of stuff being typed.

Friday, May 20, 2005

Perpetual Pets

I think I've stumbled upon an amazing discovery, a new infinite energy source just waiting to be harnessed. I need to work out a couple of kinks as far as determining what's the best way to actually obtain the energy, but I'm sure that will come in time. I'm talking of course about the power of pet hair.

Now theoretically, no pet should be able to produce any more fur than the amount of food and water that they consume. However, as many of you pet owners already know, pets are walking violations of the laws of physics. Somehow they manage to produce fur at a 10:1 ratio to the food that they consume. I should know, I feed them every day, and therefore am well aware of how much food they've managed to consume. Somehow 50lbs worth of animal (two cats and a dog) manage to generate around 2 tons worth of hair. I've converted a riding lawn mower into a house vaccum and I still have to empty the bag three times just to do the top floor of the house.

People who currently own multiple pets or have owned several different pets can also attest to the broad array of "vintages" of pet hair available. The three pets I have are kind enough to provide me with three different "vintages" of fur. Freya, the crazy dog, supplies long thin hair in both the black and white varieties, ensuring that no outfit will be safe from it's wrath. It does, however, have the decency to ball itself up into little dust bunnies rather readily, making cleanup easy enough. Silas, the "feed me!" cat, leaves very thick brown and tan striped fur EVERYWHERE. Seriously, if you don't like cat hair, stay away from him because if you fall within a 5 ft. radius of him: Bang! Insta-Fur coating. Nikko, the "climber" cat, leaves these fine orange striped hairs, but only in small quantities. However, they're so fine that they're impossible to just brush off of any clothing, it takes large swaths of duct tape to get any of this stuff off.

Pet fur is just one of those things you have to get used to if you want to be an animal owner. Unless you're a fan of one of those ugly hairless things, you learn to deal. Sometimes you question why you would ever want to put up with it, but then your cat climbs up into your lap, starts purring, and almost immediately falls asleep in the cutest pose possible. Which is all well and good. . . .
. . . until you need to use the restroom.

8 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

The links to the animal pictures don't work. I want to see puppies and cats!

2:36 PM

 
Blogger Tim said...

Why are you boring me? More posts!

1:52 PM

 
Blogger Bass Man said...

Some people complain about "dust bunnies", you know those clumps of dust and pet hair that hides under the bed. My roommate's cat creates dust grizzlies! Reminds my of the rabbit in Python's Holy Grail.

7:29 PM

 
Blogger Bass Man said...

Completely off-topic: Ahh, West Greenwich, home of GTech. Spent a year and a half in West Greenwich in the mid 90's working on lottery systems for the far east and Massachusetts. *the twitch returns*

7:34 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Will,

One of the sections in my article directory is Home and Family ... while looking for blogs on pets, I discovered Perpetual Pets .

Most people believe the best content on the internet is created by bloggers ... original content, experiences and opinions. Nothing to sell and no hidden agendas!

As someone who appears to be interested in pets, I am sure you will find our Home and Family section to be interesting. I am continually searching for bloggers to submit articles and assist me to expand the directory to all our benefit. By contributing, you not only get the recognition of being an author, but also knowing your submission will be seen by many hundreds of internet surfers. The pride and satisfaction of seeing your article published in a prestige directory is hard to beat.

Not all of us are born with the talent to write to high standards of literacy ... as a consequence, a lot of bloggers don't try to have their articles published.

I like an informal style of writing that matches your personality and fits in with your article content. I welcome articles that are uniquely based on your personal knowledge, experiences and opinions. All I request is that your content does not contain vulgar language, incite hatred or generally offensive.

Without any commitments ... please pop over and browse my blog articles directory for yourself.

Kind Regards
Emily

8:23 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have tried almost everything to clean up after my cat, but I found a rubber broom at www.simplygoodstuff.com that is the best solution for me. It even came with a handheld furniture broom for free. Not only does this thing work better than a regular broom for pet hair, but they way in which the static charge it builds up keeps the hair on the floor has done wonders for my allergies. It pulls the hair out of the carpet, better than a vaccuum and there is no hair left floating through the air. I invite you all to try out this wonderful contraption for yourselves. Pet Hair removal

12:59 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was reading a paper from a university about this subject. Nice article. You know what you are talking about. Along the lines of this theme, I have a similar site free article directory where more information can be found on the subject. Thanks for the bit of information you posted here.

2:18 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shop at your favorite stores 24 hours a day. Why go to the mall when you can shop online and avoid the traffic

8:18 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home