You know. . . with the typewriters and stuff. It's a metaphor. . . . or maybe an analogy. . . or is it allegory? Regardless, you can be certain there's a whole host of stuff being typed.

Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Quickies

So there's been more than enough to write about over the past couple of weeks. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to write one bit about anything because it turns out the "promotion" is equitable with "negative free time". Therefore, since I made it into work a little bit early, I'm going to try and shotgun out some of my general blog thoughts from the past week or so.

#1 Why is it that men that decide to use the stalls to urinate insist on doing so ON the seat? It's as if they think the seat is actually a targeting ring, and they all have really bad aim. Honestly, you don't even have to touch the seat, just lift it with your foot. Ladies, this is one problem I seriously hope don't have to deal with.

#2 One of the reasons I love watching baseball is because it's very easy to stop watching a game if you don't want to (with the exception of most play-off games). If I'm watching a game, and it starts becoming a blow out (or just too painful to watch) I can switch to something else without feeling like I'm missing something big. Football, on the other hand, every game is much more crucial, so I feel like a failure if I (A) miss the game, or (B) don't watch the whole thing.

#3 I've come to the realization that I really like rice noodles. . . specifically vermicelli.

#4 I'm sure it doesn't make me the nicest person out there, but I'm glad that both Terri and the Pope are dead. I'm glad about Terri because it means the system worked, despited congress' best effort to demolish separation of powers, and it means she's no longer pointlessly wasting away. I'm glad about the Pope because (A) I think he was suffering a lot, and (B) I was getting worried that if he had stayed around for a lot longer, he would have started becoming senile and make potentially troublesome edicts (instead, he appeared to be rather lucid until the end).

#5 John Stewart continues to be one of the most watchable people on television. The Daily Show did a re-run last night of the show they ran after Congress voted to move Terri's case to the federal courts. I'd never seen it before, but it went almost point for point with what I'd said about the whole legal issue (and the general atypical republican actions). One thing I didn't realize was that it was the first time Bush had come off of his vacation to sign a bill. If you can ever find the episode, definitely one of the best they've had.

#6 Dill & Sour Cream Krinkle Cut Kettle Chips are the spawn of Satan. Not because they're bad tasting, but because they have a fiendishly addictive flavor. Their Jalapeno with Tequila & Lime is only fractionally less addictive, but I feel borders on the same level of malevolence. Even their label is evil:

Now, that may look like he's cooking up some kettle chips, but he's really slaving over a vat of boiling human flesh.

#7 I am right now, at this very moment (redundant, I know), putting off work to write this sentence, and I don't even feel guilty about it. . . . . . . Okay, maybe a tinge.

#8 I think the world would be a much happier place if their were more Bowling Alleys and less Gun Shops.

2 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

Bowling! Guns! Potato chips! Baseball! Good times. Jon Stewart is my baby daddy, in my mind.
And I write most of my stuff at work. Which is why I am behind. Also why I haven't written lately, since they want me to earn my pay (waa...?).

8:35 AM

 
Blogger Tim said...

I think life would be better if they made a bowling alley into a shooting range. Walk up to the lane, throw a shot at a pin, see how many you can knock down behind it. Shotguns not allowed.

12:50 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home