You know. . . with the typewriters and stuff. It's a metaphor. . . . or maybe an analogy. . . or is it allegory? Regardless, you can be certain there's a whole host of stuff being typed.

Thursday, February 17, 2005

Soylent Somethings

So this is a discussion that took place between my friend Tim (who I hadn't talked to for more than a year). We'd been discussing what everyone was up to for work. . .. Tim was in the process of explaining what he does, while I was griping about what I do. . .

[23:30] illybunn: and to think. . . I make plastic for food packaging
[23:30] illybunn: life changing stuff that it is

[23:30] Tim: it's kinda funny, because it's basically a software development platform, so you write software using the software we wrote
[23:30] Tim: yeah, good times
[23:30] Tim: heym, if that plastic shit doesn't work, people die!

[23:31] illybunn: nah. . . they just have stale potato chips

[23:31] Tim: ah. well, it was a good try

[23:31] illybunn: well. . . then the higher ups at Frito might start throwing people into the friers. . . but thats an unrelated circumstance

[23:31] Tim: yeah
[23:32] Tim: mm. chips.

[23:32] illybunn: mmmm. . . people chips

I kid you not, we typed the next two lines at the exact same time:

[23:32] illybunn: fried soylent green


[23:32] Tim: fritos is people!


[23:32] Tim: yikes


[23:32] illybunn: that was scary. . .


I lived with this man in college for a year. Since college, I've seen him (in person) maybe three or four times. . . and e-mailed him a total of less than 10 times (that's in almost six years). Some people you'll just always be close to I guess (regardless of the time and distance). . . . . with Tim, I think that frightens me. (just kidding dude)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home