You know. . . with the typewriters and stuff. It's a metaphor. . . . or maybe an analogy. . . or is it allegory? Regardless, you can be certain there's a whole host of stuff being typed.

Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Photo-what?


Here is a picture of Nikko (when he was younger) after I have made some significant tinkering with Photoshop.

I must apologize up front for what I'm sure will be the unnecessary amount of extraneous stuff which will be thrown onto the page for the first few days. I'm still trying to explore both how to maximize the functionality of blogger and what exactly this website/software is capable of. As a result, you'll probably see a lot of random things like the picture above.

Now, to explain the picture itself a little bit. Nikko is my cat. He is a cute cat. He was an even cuter kitten. Thankfully, I had a fully functional digital camera for much of his youth, and I was able to gather a sizable collection of pictures and movies. Since then, in an attempt to create some nostalgia, I have been trying to put together a collection of what I consider to be the quintisential collection of images.

Now I think a significant part of why I became an engineer is that I have an inate drive to tinker with things. This covers most aspects of life for me, but is most prevalent with computers. Photoshop, as it stands, is the tinkerer's best friend (or worst enemy, depending on your view). My tinkering has (from time to time) yielded things of semi-artistical value, or so they present themselves in my limited view. As such, rather than discard them (as I do with most other tinkering), I will actually archive these items. The picture above is one such example.

In other words: be prepared to see a lot of crap which I attempt to pass off as art.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tim said...

Art is fun. I've take maybe 3 good pictures in my life that one could considered art (with minimal postprocessing). I'll you my collections of crap..

2:58 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home